Our clients aim high, and so do we. At Mainline, we understand that your printed piece is greater than the sum of its parts. It’s nothing less than your reputation—and ours—on paper.
Our equipment is superb. Our people are better. We recruit and train first-rate folks, and we pay and treat them well, which is why our average employee tenure tops 20 years. Our employees embody classic Midwestern values of hard work, service to something greater, and collective pride in doing each job well.
From a purely business perspective, we know a happy work force makes a superior product, and a superior product makes a happy client. From a more personal perspective, we’re a family-owned business, and we highly value our work family.
We’ve built our business to feature a broad menu of options for clients. Our experienced staff and diverse capabilities make us agile, a strength that translates into better service, higher quality, greater flexibility, and a keen attention to detail.
We demand high character, top craftsmanship, and accountability from our team, and we deliver those same attributes to our clients. We’d love to work with you.
John Parker, Jr.
Chief Operating Officer
About John Jr.
- At Mainline since 2011; in industry since 2011.
- Matt and I are the third generation of Parkers to work at the plant. We want to continue to build onto Mainline’s 60-year-old foundation and reputation. And there is of course a little bit of “don’t screw it up!”
Father of Two
Chief Financial Officer/Controller
- At Mainline since 2014; in industry since 2010.
- I have a master’s in accounting and I have always been a numbers guy, so it’s nice to work with numbers on a daily basis. I like Mainline’s laid back environment. We are a small family-owned company, and a lot of employees have been around a long time, so the familiarity and comfort everyone has with each other makes it a pretty easygoing place to work, and I believe that translates into great outcomes for our clients.
Rock Chalk, Jayhawk
Vice President, Manufacturing & Facilities
- At Mainline since 1983; in industry since 1981.
- We will design or modify a machine to fit the special needs for a customer’s project. We invite the customer in to explain our process and how it can facilitate their work. The rules here are simple: everyone has to bathe at least once a week! In other words, we don’t operate under the weight of needless rules.
Father of Five
Company Love: Met wife of 33 years at Mainline
Competative Drone Racer
Classic Car Restorer
- At Mainline since 2001; in industry since 1996.
- We constantly work with clients to produce a better product that will meet or exceed their expectations and stand out from the crowd. From top to bottom, Mainline has great people with many years of printing experience. This is a family-owned company that’s large enough to handle most requests but still small enough to be nimble and responsive to a customer’s needs and, in some cases, emergencies. We’re not like everyone else.
West Coast Wanderer
Rock Chalk, Jayhawk
Music Collector of Many Genres
- At Mainline since 1990; in industry since 1981.
- I’m most inspired by two things: giving my children an opportunity to succeed and playing a role in the manufacturing of creative projects. I appreciate the opportunity to work with creative people and see their ideas and projects through production. It’s gratifying when their expectations are met or exceeded!
Family Man: Three Terrific Daughters!
Kansas City Proud
785-274-3754 | 785-979-7742 Mobile
- At Mainline since 1994; in industry since 1984.
- Mainline has a culture of teamwork. We have industry-best equipment and a vast knowledge base. We embrace innovation, which assists clients in the growth of their business. We’re all working towards the same goal: producing high-quality work through strong and responsive service to our clients.
Family Man: Dad & Grandpa
Rock Chalk, Jayhawk
Fighting Irish Fan
Live Music Lover
National Accounts - Specialty Division
John Tillinghast’s first “taste” of the paper industry was spending time with his dad at Gilman Paper Company in Georgia in the 1980’s. He learned how paper board was made, everything about the machines, how things run and the rest is history!
John’s career in the paper board industry took off in the early 90’s when he became the sales manager for Independent Paper Board Converting. From there he moved to Semper Paper Company which is where his love of specialty papers, films and laminates developed and grew. John read anything he could get his hands on involving paper and found it never boring, always exhilarating. He couldn’t learn fast enough. The ever changing, fast moving paper industry kept him on his toes, and still does!
- At Mainline since 1993; in industry since 1984.
- We are large enough to get the job done, but small enough to be incredibly nimble in responding to our customer’s needs. For example, while our normal turnaround for our weekly label release is two weeks, we have been able to react to complete schedule overhauls by our customer within two to three days of the release due date, and some individual orders in less than 24 hours.
Pitt State Go·Rill·a!
Bass Singer in Church Choir
Hesston Swather Alumnus
- At Mainline since 1985; in industry since 1983.
- I oversee imposition, proofing, platemaking, and digital press. Over the years I’ve seen a lot of advances in pre-press technology, but the best practice still comes down to working closely with each client to ensure that their vision is realized.
Rock Chalk, Jayhawk
- At Mainline since 1981; in industry since 1975.
- We are always willing to go the extra mile to get jobs done when our customer needs them.
Rob Roy Rutherford III
785-274-3752 | 785-231-8633 Mobile
- At Mainline since 2007; in industry since 1968.
- I have a variety of duties, including estimating, order entry, purchasing outside services, making sales calls, and tracking orders through the plant. We’re easy to work with, we’re dependable, and our quality is consistent and second to none. We offer a wide range of services and we’re highly professional and current in all of them. I really enjoy helping customers solve their printed communication needs!
Fly Fisherman: Look Out, Trout!
Avid Home Cook
- At Mainline since 1988; in industry since 1977.
- I receive bid requests from customers, analyze their needs, and prepare quotes. I compose job tickets with detailed information for production. And I work with our departments throughout the plant to streamline workflow. We go out of our way as a company to make sure projects get done on time. We have a very dedicated staff throughout the plant who are willing to go the extra mile to produce projects on time and with great quality.
Rock Chalk, Jayhawk
785-274-3755 | 785-554-7074 Mobile
- At Mainline since 2016; in industry since 2013.
- If you choose to work with Mainline, you can be assured excellent customer service and top-of-the-line quality when you receive your finished product. All of our account reps and project coordinators are available via mobile phone and email 24/7. Customer satisfaction is the most rewarding thing about this industry. I aspire to meet the needs of all clients, new and returning.
HOW MAY WE HELP YOU? Get started on the path to superior-quality printed products. Whether you are a new customer or are already working with us, feel free to contact us via our website or the information below.
3500 SW Topeka Boulevard Topeka, KS 66611-1274
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, CST
TOLL FREE: 877-489-4656
Stay In Touch
Periodically, we share news and updates with our clients.
We hope you’ll add your email to our list (promise we won’t share with anyone else!).
© Mainline Printing, updated daily